Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Happily After.. Or Hell Forever?

Of all the promotions and marketing materials I receive periodically to persuade me to spend more on my credit cards..
I've always been most impressed by those sent by the American Express Platinum Reserve card...
The quality of the materials and the promotions gives me the most temptations.. But luckily.. I usually just dump them into the bin...
Good luck to those who succumb to temptations...

A week or two back.. Received another from them...
Though it's too late for me... Or LUCKILY it's too late for me..




Happily Ever After Begins Here...



Then their marketing of Happiness is earning 10+10 Times Membership Rewards points at our Wedding Platinum Partners..
Followed by flyers of the different promotions and offers from Rings to Hotels to Gowns etc...


Is that how happiness is measured?


For anybody who has talked to me and asked for my advice on wedding dinners, wedding shoots etc.. 
My personal view is (and thankfully my wifey is with me on this)..
Keep things simple... DON'T get into debt!


But of course.. This is my personal view (perhaps being a Financial Consultant resulted in this?).. It's perfectly fine I think.. For some people if they can afford it to throw lavish celebrations.. Or even for those who are willing to spend $XXXX on their weddings.. 


Maybe I don't care so much about face.. Coz to me, after a while people forget who held weddings where... and no matter how much you spend on your wedding shoots or pre-shoots.. most married couples will tell you.. It hardly sees the light of day.. (ours is in the storeroom!)...


Happily ever after does not just come after the wedding.. It's the learning to accommodate each other that will be the key..


Don't let the Happily ever after.. turn into Hell forever.. If you sink too deep into debt and start your wedding on the wrong foot...


--Ginseng Tonic Maker-- Don't care too much about what others think of you.. They don't think of you that much anyway...

0 comments:

Post a Comment