Sunday, December 25, 2011

Reflecting on 2011

Merry Christmas!


Had an entry Reflecting on 2010 last year, and I thought I should have one again to mark the end of 2011.
Not that my life is all smooth-sailing and happy-go-lucky... but as usual.. I always prefer to spread "positivity"... look back... be thankful.. and count my blessings...




Biggest news of 2011
The biggest news for me this year... If you have not heard yet...



Kiasu.. double confirm... pregnancy tests...


Wifey and I are going to be parents for the first time
Sometimes I'm still a little in disbelief... 
I'm going to be a Dad!...
But I guess.. just like marriage (and many things else in life).. you can never feel ready enough... Sometimes you just have to take the plunge and enjoy "growing up" =)
We are trying to come up with names soon.. and I got reminded of this entry on name search previously.. (Name Search Caution)




Doing what I love
It has been 5 years since I first started blogging!!!... FIVE Years!... And I'm still loving writing whatever I feel like writing.. and still surprised that there are people who actually read... This is my 401st entry by the way!
And if you somehow forgotten about my shameless self-promotion... 
I took my writing a bit more seriously and saw my article published in the Straits Times (Have you heard it yet?) last year... 
This year.. I've started writing for a insurance trade publication... giving me the opportunity to interact with and interview global CEOs... and the chance to travel and see the world... Grateful for the chance to do what I love...




Time to see the world


Thankful to have the opportunity to see a bit more of the world... My most memorable trip this year.. with Wifey was to Toronto and seeing what is the most amazing sight to me so far (I haven't seen much of the world...)..


Niagara Falls
Niagara Falls (The most amazing sight ever?)


It was also a great eye-opener to have visited Monte Carlo and Nice.. (How to get from Nice, France to Monte Carlo, Monaco?)
and Beijing which made me wish I had studied harder for my Chinese in School... such rich history and culture... (Beijing 101 - Visiting Forbidden City, the Palace Museum)


Mummy
After 41 years... yes... 41 years! in the same factory... my mum the Superwoman in disguise... is finally retiring... the effects of globalisation... the company has decided not to renew the contract of those past retirement age... as they are "best-sourcing" to Malaysia... and hiring foreign workers who are much younger and cheaper... Just really thankful that it is only after we are all grown up...

(Supermum! - Long Service Employee Service Awards)






Wifey
And... still glad to have Wifey in my life... the smartest woman in the whole...... wide..... world.....


Coz she chose to marry me!!! haha....


She brings joy and brighten my life... 


Of the fun entries I personally like this year.. most are inspired by her haha...





Turning into a Transvestite?


Vote for Change!


What really goes on behind closed doors between married couples?


Will a person get food craving when pregnant?


Should a wife check her husband's mobile phone?


Pregnant women should take bird's nest...






Me
And I'm happy to be still around.. to still be me.. and to still be healthy... and still bring some joy and positivity to you (hopefully)... and the still (yet to be) FAMOUS Blogger!!   (Ben the famous blogger in Singapore!)




I know it's still a little early... but count your blessings... hope you had a great 2011... and best wishes for 2012!!!!



0 comments:

Post a Comment